Wednesday 7 January 2015

Arranging final filming sessions and recording

I have talked with Toby about when he is likely to be available and he has told me that he is free most Wednesday evenings and Saturdays, although he is busy this coming Saturday (10th January). With this in mind, I'm planning to record the song and film the first section of the music video next Wednesday evening (14th January). I have made sure I have two extra camera operators available so that I can vary my shots, and so I just need to make sure this date suits Sam (my relative who is allowing me to use her home recording equipment) and double-check that this would be okay with Toby.

I have a video camera of my own that I can use, and I am also able to borrow two cameras from the school. I have access to a tripod, and one of my camera operators, Morrighan, has kindly offered to bring hers next Wednesday.

I also need to get the rest of the filming done in a different location(s), and so hopefully I can do this the following Saturday (17th). Again, I need to make sure any people I need are available. 

On Wednesday, I intend to focus on establishing star quality and making an icon of Toby by filming many close-ups and establishing shots etc, which is what his audience would want to see and is also a main convention for the music video genre. Whereas, on Saturday, I will focus on filming the narrative/concept of the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment