Saturday 3 January 2015

Finding a recording studio

I needed to find a recording studio in order to record Toby's song, and also so that I can film this happening and use this footage as part of the music video. I am on a very low budget, and many of the recording studios in Norwich are fairly expensive, so I asked around some musicians I know to see where would be cheapest to go. My distant relative, Samantha Knight, is a professional singer. She kindly offered her home recording equipment for me to use, which was slightly concerning because ideally I wanted to film somewhere that actually looked like a recording studio. However, I think this would be better for Toby's image, as artists nowadays really focus on connecting with their audience and I feel that using a less professional location would allow him to display a 'down-to-earth' personality with his young audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment