Wednesday 26 November 2014

Institution targets

I used the Sky Guide TV Listings website to look at the music channels and their scheduling, so that I could decide where I would exhibit my music video on the television. 

I've chosen to aim for Fridays between 5pm and 9pm because this is usually when young people are likely to be getting ready to go out for the evening or having people over and, in both of these situations, my target audience are likely to have music videos playing in the background. 

These are the channels available:





The genre of music television channel that I should schedule my music video for is pop/mixed hits (because Toby's brand identity isn't anything alternative so I would say that his style is quite 'mainstream') which, according to Wikipedia, consists of 4Music, Bliss, The Box, Capital TV, Chart Show TV, Heat, MTV Hits, MTV Live, MTV Music, Planet Pop, Smash Hits, Starz TV, VH1 and Viva.  Therefore, any of these channels would be appropriate for my music video to be exhibited. 




No comments:

Post a Comment