Tuesday 16 September 2014

Music Video Genre

I created the following presentations to explore the genre and sub-genres of music videos, so that this could aid me in the types of conventions I need to make sure are included in my music video. The first focuses on sub-genres such as pop music, hip hop music and rock music, as well as Andrew Goodwin's theory and guidelines for music videos:



This second presentation is more in depth about the key features and conventions of music videos:




My next steps are to analyse videos by existing artists similar to mine (e.g. Ed Sheeran) and determine the conventions I will have to meet for Toby's specific genre. I could also create a moodboard with this knowledge of the sorts of props/colours/locations I should be using when I film.

No comments:

Post a Comment