Monday 1 September 2014

Research on How To Edit a Music Video

I've only ever edited an animatic for a music video, and I think it's going to be much more of a challenge to actually film one and make sure that the visuals and the music is in sync etc. With this in mind, I thought I'd research how to edit a music video to see if this will help me when I come to do mine. I also felt that YouTube would be the best source for this because I can easily follow what they're doing on the tutorial, as well as this being the centre for creative people creating and posting their own music videos.

Below is the best video I found, which is really helpful. It shows me that the easiest way to do it is to film the different scenes for the whole song (rather than just the parts when I want them) in order to make sure they're constantly in sync with the music. Then I can simply switch between the shots when I feel it will look good by deleting blocks and dragging the clips.




No comments:

Post a Comment